The Act As If workshop is an exercise in opening the mind to possibility and change. Creating a bridge of consciousness from the life you are living to the life you desire. An exploration of the thoughts and beliefs that are limiting you in your life experience and the manifestation of your dreams.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Afraid of Getting Lost!

Those of you who know me well know what my biggest fear is. You would think it would be presenting my Act as if… Change Your Life workshop to an audience of 1000 people(that opportunity is coming soon). Yes I would have fear probably all the way up until I was on the stage.and I would get over it quickly. But absolutely nothing compares to my fear of getting lost.

I would be more afraid of not being able to find the conference room then I would be performing in it. I have had the illusion of being bad with directions since I was a little girl. I was the one that would go to the restroom and not be able to find my table when I got out.

This fear of mine has been so debilitating. It has stopped me from enjoying beautiful experiences. I get myself so worked up on the journey that if indeed I get lost on my way I am so overwhelmed once I get there it takes away from the experience.

I recently moved to Coronado where everything around me is new and unfamiliar. I have to find my way around. I am out of my comfort zone. I am in fear of getting lost.

What would I say to one of my Act as if… Change Your Life Clients if they were to tell me this dilemma. I would tell them to act as if they are great with directions. Call u p a friend and tell them how proud they are of themselves and how they are finding their way around their new location beautifully. I would have them write in their Act as if…Change Your Life journal about how great they are with directions and they are getting to know the island perfectly. I would have them create an opportunity that pushes them past their comfort zone.

We need to turn away from what we don’t want and focus on what we do. Stop talking about it in a negative way. An example would be when I tell people I am bad with directions I might get lost and be a little late. I own the fact that I’m bad at directions. I am choosing a different story. I am seeing myself differently.

I am practicing what I preach. And to really make a difference in how I view myself I have applied for Dominos Pizza as a delivery girl. I am really excited about this opportunity. I am going to be able to make some extra money while I find my way around the island. You hear about people that put themselves through acting school by being a waiter or waitress. What better way to support my career then to get myself out in the world facing my fears.

Once I accomplish being the Best pizza delivery girl ever nothing can stop me.

What are your fears? I invite you to create an opportunity to get over your fears. Once you do nothing can stop you. 

I start my  new career as a pizza delivery girl in July. I will keep you posted. And my Act as if…Change Your Life Coaching Career and workshops with beautiful Laurie Reynolds is life changing. I am on an amazing journey and nothing is going to Stop me.

Ari L (Magical like the mermaid)

No comments:

Post a Comment